Google’s Android Slate: A Hub for Entertainment Aficionados
Google has launched a new Android tablet that not only serves as a platform for entertainment, but also comes with a dock that serves a dual purpose.
What Makes the Tablet Stand Out?
- The Android tablet runs on Android 9 and has an 8-inch HD screen that delivers exceptional image quality for multimedia consumption.
- The device comes with four speakers that provide 360-degree surround sound, which is ideal for watching movies and playing games.
- It has a front-facing camera that can also be used for video calls.
- The battery life of the device is up to 10 hours, which is impressive considering the amount of processing power it requires for gaming and video playback.
- The tablet comes with Google Assistant built in, which makes voice commands a breeze.
- Finally, the dock that comes with the tablet can be used to control smart home devices, serve as a digital photo frame, or even as an alarm clock.
The Device’s Capability as an Entertainment Hub
The Google Android slate is a powerhouse when it comes to multimedia consumption. The high-quality screen delivers crisp and clear images, while the four speakers provide exceptional sound quality. The device also has a considerable amount of storage capacity, up to 64GB, for storing apps, games, and videos.
Furthermore, the device’s battery life of 10 hours is ideal for users that like to binge-watch their favorite movies or television shows.
The Dock’s Dual Purpose
The dock that comes with Google’s Android slate is a useful feature that sets it apart from other tablets on the market. Users can control various smart home devices, including lights and thermostats, through the device. It can also serve as a digital photo frame, which means that users can display their family pictures when the device is not in use. The dock also has an alarm clock function, which is perfect for users who like to wake up to their favorite tunes.
Google’s Android slate is a versatile device that is perfect for users that are looking for an entertainment hub. With exceptional image and sound quality, a front-facing camera, and Google Assistant, the device packs a lot of features into a small package. The dock that comes with the device serves a dual purpose, which is another added benefit.
All in all, this is a device that will appeal to users that want to consume multimedia content on the go or at home.
Original Article: https://www.wired.com/review/google-pixel-tablet/