US/Turkish Dual Citizen – Entrepreneur Extraordinaire
A Turkish-American dual citizen Yaniv Hakim is making the news again. This 56-year-old entrepreneur was found running at least 19 companies, despite fighting extradition to the United States for fraud charges.
- Hakim was indicted by in Pennsylvania on several counts of fraud in 2018.
- The alleged fraud took place between 2012 and 2014, with charges claiming that he and his co-conspirators tricked investors out of around $17 million.
- He is currently fighting extradition to the US to face the charges, claiming he was denied a fair trial.
- Meanwhile, authorities in Turkey, where Hakim reportedly owes millions of dollars for unpaid debts, are seeking to extradite him to face multiple charges there.
- Hakim has spent the last several years jumping between the two countries to avoid arrest and continues to run his extensive business empire.
Hakim’s Business Ventures:
So what are these 19 companies that the Turkish tech mogul is running? Hakim has been involved in a range of business ventures, including tech companies, software firms, and even a steel factory.
Several of his companies, like the software firm Databerry and the wireless technology firm My1voice, appear to be based in the US. However, according to reports, most of Hakim’s businesses are based in Turkey, where his vast wealth has given him the freedom to start nearly any project he wanted.
Besides business ventures, Hakim is a music composer and an avid photographer. Whether it be the art of making music or the latest venture he embarks on, Yaniv Hakim is a jack of all trades.
Despite ongoing legal battles and financial troubles, Yaniv Hakim continues to hold on to his business empire with close to two dozen companies still under his control. With multiple extradition charges pending, it remains to be seen what the future holds for this dual citizen.Original Article: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/cisco-counterfeiter-pleads-guilty/